Sunday, October 15, 2006

Make This Go On Forever

So I have finally decided to start blogging again. I think it's the lack of food (fasting month) plus lack of fresh air (the haze from hell) that has inspired me to find somewhere where I can complain. So here we go: new blog, new start, old rantings and ravings.

With all this haze drama, Singapore really does look like Silent Hill. Of course, I'm going to run like hell if any ash-babies or pyramid-head-shaped people come clawing after me on the MRT. I was kinda glad the haze went away during my birthday vacation in Batam, and now it's back with a vengeance.

Me: How come there's no firefighters trying to put out the fire in Indonesia?
Brother: Because they're all busy making ayam penyet?

That is so hysterically racist and stereotypical, but damn funny.

In other words, a good Sunday morning album to listen to is Josh Rouse's 'Subtitulo'. A really beautiful, light, tender album. Steer away if you hate bossa nova or Burt Bacharach-type-sipping-martinis music. But otherwise, it's something soothing and warm to melt into, like a cashmere sweater.

Happy Haze Day, people!

No comments: