Wednesday, July 11, 2007

¡Ay Caramba!

Tonight (or rather, tomorrow morning at 8.50am Singapore time) Argentina will be playing against Mexico in the Copa America semi-final. I'm so bloody excited but pissed because I have to work! I really want to watch the match but I don't think I can find a replacement for tomorrow in such a short time. Sigh.

Argentina has a really good chance of beating Mexico because the main Mexican striker (Castillo) is injured. True, Crespo (Argentine striker) is also injured, but the coach has a wealth of talent to choose from. Most likely, Messi (Pocket Messi is my family's nickname for my favourite player ever, haha) will be in the starting line-up and it's either Tevez or Milito who will pair up with him. In midfield, the playmaking wizard Riquelme will DEFINITELY be featured, unless the coach Basile goes nuts mid-match and pulls him out, just like the previous coach Pekerman.

I really hope Argentina win this one and go on to kick Brazil's ass. I mean, Brazil is a good team, I have to admit, but I'm sick of their overinflated ego and showboating. If they didn't have Robinho, they would have been chopped up by Uruguay into guacamole (Ronaldinho and Kaka opted to sell- sorry, sit out.) It's time for a -real- team to win the Copa. And Argentina seriously deserve it after what they had gone through in last year's World Cup.

Crossing my fingers and toes and eyes for them. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WIN!

No comments: