Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Erase And Rewind

Finally we had 'The Talk'. I can't describe how relieved I feel in so many ways. We're probably going to talk about this again later, but in the meantime, a lot of my concerns and fears were addressed. I finally know what's going on and it wasn't half as bad as I imagined. Things are going to get better.

I remember friends who have told me that I was foolish, and even a colleague who frankly told me that this was 'stupid' and 'not to waste my time'. And I also had friends who encouraged me, who listened to me go on for hours and who really understood and never judged me. The thing is, I knew that both groups really cared about my welfare, because it takes a lot of guts to stand up to your friend and tell them that you're afraid they're doing the wrong thing and they're only going to get hurt in the end.

I have to admit that I still don't know what's going to happen. But I do know that it's not as bleak as I imagined, and there is a lot more hope now.

No comments: