Thursday, July 19, 2007

I Just Want Something, Something For Nothing

Sometimes I look at you and I think that you're maybe the only person I have met so far who has the potential to understand me inside out. And sometimes, I look at you and I wonder if you will ever let down these impenetrable walls that you've built around yourself all these years. Sometimes you let me have a peek, just the quickest glimpse, and I see the stuff that I've been looking for in a person for so long.

I don't know when you're going to let me in and fully trust me. It's still too early for that, we've known each other for a few months but I find that you understand me better than some people who have known me for years. And I do understand you, but sometimes I don't know how to tell you that without making light of your situation.

I'm not in love with you - I'm not that naive or stupid to think that love (the true, deep, tried-and-tested, go-through-all-kinds-of-shit, unconditional kind) can develop so easily over such a short period of time, but if I continue down this path with you, in a year or maybe even ten, it is definitely going to happen.

I just hope that I'm not chicken-shit enough to stay through the rough times and still be here when it happens. Although you're so closed-up and secretive, sometimes you say the most astounding things to me that give me hope that I will still be here always, as I promised.

"Alright, so I guess I owe you some form of payment then."
"Your continued existence alone is payment enough."

No comments: