Monday, July 16, 2007

This Is The End, The Final Showdown

So it's finally over. Brazil has won the Copa America, beating my beloved Argentina 3-0, one of which was an own goal by Ayala. I can't imagine how he feels, being the team captain and accidentally sabo-ing his country with an own goal. Poor guy.

They just showed a teary-eyed Pablo Aimar on TV. ARGGHH I cannot tahan!

I don't know what's wrong with Argentina today. They were in top form during the match against Mexico, but Brazil were smart enough to stop the Argies from getting into the rhythm of the game. Once they establish that particular rhythm (usually led by Riquelme) it's hard to stop them. So the Brazilians amassed a ridiculous number of yellow cards and fouls JUST to stop Argentina from gaining momentum. Sad, but I have to take my hat off to Brazil for knowing which tactics to use.

Poor Argentina - I hope they don't become a perpetual underdog, because they are far too brilliant a team for that. I'll be crossing my fingers for South Africa 2010 - players like Messi, Mascherano and Tevez will be older and far more formidable. That will be our year.

In the meantime, please let me wallow in depression as I watch my poor boys accept the silver medals.

No comments: