Monday, July 09, 2007

With A Little Help From My Friends

What do I do when I'm angry and depressed? I do the first sensible thing that I've done in months - I stay away from the internet and hang out with my friends and colleagues. The second sensible thing? For the past few days, I have been listening to nothing but pop and dance music. Because it's mindless, it's fun and you don't have to think. And there's really nothing wrong with that. Because if you think too much, either your brain is going to explode, or you're going to go berserk and gun down your local post office. And I'm quite fond of our neighbourhood postman.

I thought I would be getting 2 weeks off to clear my head and get my act together, but apparently not. I have so many errands to run and stuff to finish that I really need to make full use of the 2 off days I do have.

Although there has been a lot of criticism of Live Earth, I really think they got two things right: friends and pop music. Because those two things have a curious but indisputable way of curing what ails you.

No comments: