Friday, June 15, 2007

There's A Starman Waiting In The Sky

I don't know why I've been in such an introspective mood recently. It's probably not the best idea when I'm all drugged up on antihistamines and cough medicine, but I guess all these thoughts have been occupying my mind for some time now - the forced sabbatical may have simply brought them to the forefront.

Looking at people I used to know, or the people currently in my life now, they all seem to be moving forward and doing meaningful things with their lives, or at least things I have always wanted to do with my life. And I keep wondering how we ended up on different sides of the fence - them Accomplishing Stuff, and me simply indulging in Wishful Thinking.

Looking back, I can't really blame anyone else but myself. I've made a lot of bad choices, particularly two that will always affect my life. But I can't undo those two bad mistakes, so what do I do? Are they always going to haunt me and the rest of the future? Or is it only if I let them affect me? Sometimes I can't tell the difference between overly pessimistic thinking and facing up to reality.

It's probably just the medication talking, but I really need to think about the direction my life is going in. I feel stuck in a rut, and I need to get out fast before I get too comfortable.

No comments: